Preparing for your Adventure
It is recommended that you book all activities prior to your arrival as many activities have limited space and others are dependent on favourable weather conditions. For more information or to book you activities today please contact our reservations team.
We will do all that we can to accommodate requests made at later dates. Availability is subject to space, guide and equipment constraints.
What to Pack and What to Wear
• Some trips may be cooler than expected: dress in layers, especially in the early morning.
• A full range of adult sized weather gear and rubber boots is available, including buoyant, insulated pants and jackets.
• You may bring your own weather gear but you must wear an approved floatation device while on the water.
• Running shoes with good tread or light hiking boots are recommended for all walks and hikes.
• Lunch and refreshments are provided where appropriate.
• We recommend wearing and/or bringing sunscreen, even if the weather is overcast. The weather can change quickly.
Cameras and Wildlife Viewing Gear
Camera - Take your own camera, or borrow one of ours! Waterproof digital cameras are available for sign-out at the gift shop. We also offer high quality digital photo printing in the business centre.
Binoculars - Sonora provides waterproof binoculars on many of the outdoor activities. Binoculars are also provided in each guest room for your use during your stay.
Professional Tripods - Sonora offers free use of its world-famous Gitzo tripod to assist you with getting the best shots.
Nikon & Canon lenses - the following long-range zoom lenses are also available for your use.
• Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
• Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II