WHO WE ARE
Sonora has a reputation for excellence, deeply rooted in the unique character of our pristine property and in the charm of our world class team. Our company culture is one of service, stewardship and family values.
Each one of our staff members contribute to the guest experience at Sonora Resort; Our Housekeeping and Grounds Maintenance teams set the stage for our guests’ accommodations, while our Kitchen and Dining room teams provide an incredible fine dining experience showcasing seasonally-inspired local ingredients. From our Guest services team who ensure all of our guests’ needs are met during their stay, to our Guides and Dock Hands who help showcase the natural wonders around the resort, we are all passionate about providing our guests with unique experiences and cherished memories.
Our staff share a deep appreciation for the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia; our opulent location is an undeniable draw for those seeking an exciting career with a side of adventure. We are completely submerged in the great outdoors - nestled in the Discovery Islands, we are surrounded by wildlife, with easy access to hiking trails, Florence Lake, and opportunities to get on the water to explore the Inside Passage.
Sonora Resort is committed to creating an engaging and supportive work environment, with a focus on developing and promoting talent from within. We offer competitive compensation packages, exciting staff incentives and the opportunity to develop under the prestigious Relais & Châteaux banner.
Sonora Resort operates seasonally from May through October, during which time our staff work and live on site at Sonora Resort. Shift work is required during resort operational season; comprised of 10 working days and 4 non-working days, subject to change during peak season. We require a minimum commitment of one season to be eligible for a position.
Here are some of the benefits and privileges you’ll have access to while on shift at Sonora Resort:
- Accommodation: Complimentary single bedroom lodging in Sonora Staff Accommodations.
- Meals: Complimentary meals, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages from our Staff Kitchen.
- Transportation: Water taxi transportation from Campbell River to and from the resort for scheduled work shifts.
- Staff Amenities: Staff fitness facility, staff lounge area and hot tub access, complimentary wifi, cable TV and internet calling in each staff room.
- Spa: 25% discount on spa services and retail products.
- Gift Shop: 25% discount on gift shop items.
- Employee Discount Privilege: Special room rate for immediate family members.
- Full-time Employees: Competitive benefit packages.
Sonora Resort will reopen for the 2021 season.
SEASONAL STAFF OPPORTUNITIES
Sonora Resort will be accepting applications for seasonal employment for the 2021 season in February, 2021.