Sonora Resort’s Wellbeing Efforts during COVID-19
As always, the health and safety of our valued guests and staff are of the upmost importance to us.
To this end, our protocols and policies will continue to evolve based on guidance from public health and government authorities. Our team is keeping apprised of the latest federal and provincial Public Health and Safety guidelines and recommendations on our journey to reopening in May 2021.
Although a few offerings will be different, we are delighted to provide the same world class hospitality in our private, west coast oasis.
On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you to Sonora Resort in 2021. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 1-888-576-6672.
President and COO
Sonora Resort is surrounded by pristine wilderness, accessible only by air and water. We are very fortunate to be located in a remote and secluded part of the world, where the only unexpected visitors are bald eagles, whales and other wildlife!
- We ask all our guests to refrain from entering the property if they have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or are showing symptoms.
- Please note we are not permitting guests to visit the property for the specific purpose of self-isolating or quarantine.
- For everyone’s comfort and safety, we require every guest to wear a mask or face covering in all indoor public spaces across the property. This includes transfers to and from the property, Island Currents Spa, Tyee Dining Room, lounge and games room, Innes Conference Center and other indoor meeting spaces.
- Staff members in key positions will be mandated to wear masks, based on ongoing guideline updates.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property and we encourage guests to use them frequently.
- Physical distancing measures and maximum occupancy capacities will be in place in all public areas.
- There will be increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection with special attention to high-touch points.
- As we are in a remote location, we highly recommend purchasing travel interruption insurance for any unanticipated changes or cancellations you might encounter.
- Book with Confidence. Review our Terms and Conditions.
Your journey to our secluded sanctuary begins with a majestic voyage through pristine coastal wilderness. Our professional team is delighted to provide you with an effortless travel experience as we continue to follow all Transport Canada guidelines to ensure a safe and comfortable trip.
- Please be prepared to adhere to any special safety protocols that will be implemented by our transportation partners.
- A mask or face covering is required for all guests on all transfers to and from Sonora Resort, regardless of transportation method.
- For transfers on LAS Helicopters, should you have luggage in excess of the mandated 25lbs restriction, we will safely store it at Signature Flight Support Vancouver while you are enjoying your stay at Sonora Resort.
We are pleased to implement new processes to ensure your comfort and safety. Guests can expect individualized check-ins, attentive concierge services and contactless checkouts. Our team of passionate hospitality professionals are available around the clock to assist with genuine care, utmost discretion, and thoughtful attention to detail.
- Guests will receive a confirmation email prior to arrival providing additional information on the arrival process, individualized check-in, hotel services and amenities, fast check-out, and more. Guests are encouraged to use pre-arrival communications to expedite the check-in process.
- To accommodate for rigorous cleaning and sanitation processes, we have adjusted our check-out time to 11:00am and check-in time 4:00pm. Thank you for your understanding.
- Upon arrival, our concierge team is pleased to deliver your luggage to just inside the door of your guest room. If arrival is before 4:00pm, luggage will be stored in a safe location until check in is available. For your departure, we ask that you leave all luggage just inside the door at time of checkout for our concierge team to collect. If luggage assistance is not desired, we kindly ask guests to transfer their luggage to their departure point.
- We are delighted to walk guests to their accommodation using physical distancing. To limit team members entering the guest room, we will instruct on room amenities from the entrance.
- Guests will receive a "Welcome Wellness Kit" with an individual hand sanitizer, face mask and information about cleaning procedures, amenities available, and protocols in public spaces.
- Guests inquiring to book activities on site are strongly encouraged to liaise with our Guest Services team on the phone.
- Contactless check out options are available.
We have always strived to provide our guests with the highest level of excellence in cleaning and continue to do so while following the advice of local public health officials. In preparation for our opening in May 2021, we have supplemented our operations with a wide range of practices and resources to surpass the sanitization standards required by WorkSafe BC to ensure your comfort and safety during your stay.
- Guest rooms are vacant for a minimum of 3 hours prior to the next occupancy and are fully sanitized.
- Certain items have been removed from each guest room such as minibar items, print magazines, books, and hotel collateral.
- We understand guests may prefer to limit team members from entering their room. With this in mind, we will be offering an unobtrusive morning housekeeping service, or if you choose, we will not have our staff enter your room at all.
- A member of our team will confirm personal preferences for Housekeeping service upon arrival.
- In order to limit staff from entering guest rooms as much as possible, evening turndown services will not be offered in 2021.
A meal at the Tyee Dining Room is a unique gastronomic experience revered for gourmet cuisine that showcases the West Coast bounty and world class service. We have adjusted our dining atmosphere to adhere to all health regulations and will continue to provide our valued guests with the highest of standards in food preparation and service. We look forward to celebrating many moments with you and your loved ones.
- Physical distancing will be maintained through the placement of furniture and scheduling of reservations.
- We will follow all local health guidelines for maximum parties seated to a table.
- Masks or face coverings are required by guests in all indoor public spaces, but are not required when seated at your dining table.
- Tables, chairs and menus will go through rigorous sanitation protocols between each use.
- Guests are welcome to enjoy the Tyee Bar using physical distancing, but are strongly encouraged to enjoy all dining and beverage service at their tables.
- The Tyee Dining Room will be available for indoor dining. During favorable weather, dining will continue to be served on the Tyee Deck, where guests can enjoy a panoramic view of our coastal mountains and the constantly moving tidal waters of the Yuculta rapids.
- For guests enjoying activities away from the resort over lunch, pre-assembled and individually packed lunch selections will be provided. Dietary needs and special requests will be made through the dining room staff.
Activities and Amenities
Sonora Island is a limitless playground with a picturesque wilderness backdrop and world class amenities to explore. Experience world class salmon fishing, wildlife viewing, guided adventure tours, and helicopter excursions in an ancient rainforest archipelago filled with eagles, whales, bears, and more. We’ve introduced new safety measures and protocols for all to enjoy.
- Physical distance measures will be implemented to ensure physical distancing and maximum occupancy levels are achieved.
- Guest entry is not permitted in the Gear Room or Snack Shack at Sonora’s Dock Station. Our team would be delighted to assist guests with equipment to enjoy their activity between 6:30am and 8:00pm to ensure distancing, maximum occupancy and sanitization needs are met.
- Equipment, gear, vessels and other modes of transport are sanitized according to government health regulations between each guest use.
- Any activities in partnership with 3rd party providers may be subject to additional safety protocols.
- We are pleased to offer continued use of the resort’s 5-star amenities with a few considerations and protocols for all to enjoy. If equipment is required to enjoy an amenity, we invite guests to visit the Gear Room for outdoor related amenities or the Tyee Bar for indoor related amenities.
- Our outdoor heated swimming pool, mineral pools and hot tubs will be open to hotel guests to enjoy. An occupancy limit will be in place and physical distancing will be enforced both in the pool and on the deck.
Island Currents Spa
Nestled in Sonora’s soothing wilderness setting is a secluded ocean-side retreat dedicated to health and wellbeing. We are pleased to welcome back guests for treatments and services at the Island Currents Spa. Our team of highly trained professionals have implemented new protocols to comply with public health guidelines to create a safe space for you to disconnect and enjoy a relaxing wellness experience.
- All guests will be required to wear masks while inside the Island Currents Spa.
- Guests are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their treatment time and leave no later than 15 minutes after their treatment is complete.
- Physical distancing will be maintained through the placement of furniture, change room occupancy levels, and scheduling of reservations.
- All Spa guests will be required to complete our standard health form, which will now include COVID-19 related questions.
- Treatment rooms will be fully sanitized after each guest using Government approved methods.
- Our sauna and Steam rooms are closed due to provincial regulations
- The fitness facility will be available as directed by government health policies
Health and Safety Measures
In these uncertain times, one thing has remained consistent: our unwavering commitment to guest safety. Our staff are trained and prepared so our valued guests can feel safe and relaxed when visiting our property. We look forward to welcoming you, soon.
- Our First Aid team is trained in WorkSafe BC OFA Level 3 and are on site and available 24/7 to respond to guest enquiries regarding illness or injury.
- We have 24/7 access to a medical doctor who will provide guidance in a medical emergency.
- Strict employee standards and supports will be implemented as per Work Safe BC regulations.
- All staff members will complete a COVID-19 safety training as part of their onboarding process.