Housekeeping Job Descriptions
The Housekeeper will have a passion for excellence in guest service, a keen attention to detail and a strong background in housekeeping services. They are responsible for delivering 5-star cleaning service to our 88 beautiful guest rooms including turndowns and special services, resort laundry and cleaning the resort common areas. Housekeepers will be expected to work independently and within a team environment to provide clientele with an impeccable housekeeping experience.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Adapts easily to change; works quickly and accurately under pressure, tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving capabilities demonstrating sound judgement.
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential company information (company + guest).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience in housekeeping services; experience in a live-in resort environment is preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Additional education or experience in the Hospitality, Tourism, or related fields would be an asset.
- Must be fluent in English, second language an asset.
- First Aid & AED certificates are an asset.
Duties, Responsibiliets & Tasks:
- Demonstrate desired service behaviors in accordance with Relais and Chateaux expectations.
- Correctly clean all assigned guest rooms and common areas including dusting, making beds, linen removal from rooms, retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning and more- all to Sonora Resort’s standards.
- Scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floors in guest rooms, public spaces, staff common areas and meeting rooms.
- Provide cleaning services during the day and turn down service during the evening.
- Update and record all cleaned rooms in close relationship with the department manager and Guest Services.
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles.
- Fill guest requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Dispose of collected garbage and recycling in the appropriate areas; ensuring recycling is sorted correctly following Sonora’s environmental efforts.
- Laundry services including sorting, folding and pressing a variety of linen.
- Stocking closets with all room amenities, linens and bar stock.
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ensure effective working relationships and clear communication is maintained with all colleagues and departments.
- Ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in the best repair possible and are used in a safe and proper manner in coordination with the Maintenance Manager.
- Drive small electric vehicles around the resort.
Company and Department Responsibilities
- Recognize that Sonora Resort is a service-oriented organization and act accordingly.
- Ensure good communication daily with the department manager on all issues, particularly those affecting customer services, employee relations and the economical operation of the department.
- Keep department manager informed on all matters that may affect the operation of Sonora Resort or on the attitudes of its employees.
- Reflect sound employee relations and a positive attitude towards Sonora Resort.
- Understand and adhere to all guidelines as set out in company policies.
- Maintain a professionally groomed appearance that reflects positively on the company.
- Perform any other reasonable duty or assignment requested by the department or General Manager.
Start Date: End of June / Early July