We are delighted to welcome you as our guest at Sonora Resort. As you prepare for your stay with us, find packing suggestions, arrival processes and more to make a seamless and safe arrival at our West Coast oasis.
Sonora Resort is nestled in a wilderness location set in the Great Bear Rainforest. Many of our guests enjoy participating in outdoor activities, so we recommend comfortable outdoor wear suitable for your time of visit and activities scheduled. Resort casual attire is suggested in the Tyee Dining Room and high heels are not advisable for daytime activities.
- Deck or walking shoes and suitable hiking footwear
- A mix of short and long sleeves
- Resort casual attire
- A water-resistant jacket for all-day comfort
- Bathing suits
Available at Sonora
We are pleased to provide the following complimentary items:
- Light and heavy rain and windproof gear for outdoor activities
- Rubber boots
- In-Room: luxury amenities, bathrobe and slippers, vanity mirror, safe, iron and ironing board
A selection of high-end clothing, accessories and toiletries are available in the Sonora Gift Shop. Choose from beloved brands like Arc’teryx, SIMMS, Maui Jim, and lululemon.
Arrival & Departure
Check-in at Sonora is at 4:00pm. Check-out is at 12:00 (noon) or 1 hour prior to departure if scheduled prior to 12:00.
If you are arriving before 4:00 pm and would like immediate access to your room, we recommend booking your room for the night prior. Similarly, if departing later than 12:00 (noon) and must have access to your room beyond this time, please consider reserving your room for an additional night to guarantee extended access. Luggage storage is available should you choose not to reserve.
Transporting Fish from Sonora
If you catch a fish during your stay at Sonora and wish to have it transported home, we’d be delighted to assist you.
- Transport your frozen fish as a checked piece of luggage on your departure (suitable for travel under 8 hours)
- Ship your catch directly to you, anywhere in the world. Option to process your fish to your liking. Additional charges apply.
- Request a fibreglass replica to be shipped directly to you anywhere in the world. Additional charges apply.
- Request a Gyotaku Fish Print of your catch; a beautiful traditional Japanese art created by a local BC artist. Additional charges apply.
Wi-Fi is available property-wide and guests are welcome to make use of the resort’s printer and scanner. Cell phone coverage is available (we are Telus, Bell Mobility and Rogers compatible). International long-distance calling is complimentary from all resort telephones including those in meeting rooms.
Local Weather Reports
Visit Environment Canada for a “Campbell River” weather forecast. This is the closest small city to Sonora Island.
Trip Cancellation & Travel Insurance
Last-minute emergencies can disrupt travel plans. Trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage can be purchased through Sonora Resort's insurance partner, TuGo. To learn more, click here. Please note that Sonora Resort does not sell insurance of any kind.
Policies & Customs
Find all of Sonora’s Booking Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policies and more here to ensure a safe and comfortable trip.